Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh, How I Hate Feminism!

I would much, much rather be a Strong Female than a Strong Feminist. I hate so much feminist theory; hate all those dreadful harridans who followed in the wake of Betty Frieden and her kind. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not opposed to all feminist texts, and I’ve read and enjoyed both Mary Wollstonecraft and Simone de Beauvoir. It’s the puritans I loath, those who rob life and love of all fun.

I’m intelligent, probably more so than most of the guys I know, but I still like to flirt and tease. More than that, I like being perceived as a pure sexual entity, an object, if you will, because I have a tendency to perceive other people, both guys and girls, in exactly the same way! Objectification is part of the human condition; it always has been, from classical art to contemporary advertising. I quite like seeing sexy girls and sexy guys on bill hoardings!

I’m also going to repeat something else I have said before: I don’t believe the sexes are equal; I never have. There are some things I can do better than any guy; there are some things I can’t. I’m completely hopeless when it comes to technical matters, and always glad to seek help where I can, even at the price of my self-esteem. And to answer your question, yes, I love it when guys stand back and open doors, I love to be treated like a lady, love to be treated as someone special, not just another one of the ‘herd.’ And if a guy asks me to dinner and then expects me to pay for my share, he won’t even get a peck on the cheek as I make my way to the door and the nearest taxi. Jeez, what a cheapskate. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment