Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off topic : anime (& films) summer 2009/2010

And so I was expecting loads of decent animes to come flooding over the summer to keep us alive from boredom. and alas, theres hardly any good ones out [in my opinion]. Only ones I'm following now are Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Zan Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, Bakemonogartari, and Umineko no naku koro ni.

Thats not really that many to me o_o~

I've been looking out for anime movies as well, but they seem pretty hard to find unless they mass promote it like crazy... on the left is an image for I.G Production's Hottarake no Shima I also heard Studio Ghibli will be making two new film titled Kerou's Rebellion by Isao Takahata due out summer 2010 and currently untitled film by Gorō Miyazaki which is TBA. I gave Gorō's last film, Tales of earthsea an honest try, but like his father, I dont think he was up to scratch or experience in directing =_=; hopefully hes not going to "surprise" me again...

MAI MAI MIRACLE seems to be a cute one to look out for in, out in November 2009. [ scifijapan] along with Niji-Iro Hotaru ~Eien no Natsu Yasumi~ (Rainbow-Colored Fireflies: The Eternal Summer Vacation~) by Toei Animation. Both seem about small kids on adventures. The pedophiles in the c-box would probably love these films ;D. Theres also a strange one about giants alien babies called CENCOROLL by Atsuya Uki out in 2009...

CENCOROLL Trailer credits to cogro


Last but not least is the Professor Layton: The First Movie to be out spring 2010.

GAH! almost forgot the two Eden of the East films; The King of Eden and Paradise Lost.

Have I missed anything?

Over this summer I was meant to find a job, and I have failed in doing so, so looks like I'm going to have to sleep under bridges in a cardboard box.

No comments:

Post a Comment