Friday, May 22, 2009

Salsa, Salsa, how I Love to Salsa!


I used to go to dance classes when I was little, to ballet and to tap, so I’ve always enjoyed the experience of dance and movement. But I only discovered Salsa, my ultimate dance passion, when I visited Cuba for the first time. It was in Havana, in a bar in old Havana, that I took my first tentative steps. I was so enthralled that I signed up for lessons when I came back to England. I’m really good now.

It’s the sexiest dance ever, for more so, in my view, than tango, which is exciting but too formalised for my taste. It’s difficult to explain in words just how vibrant salsa is, and how sensous! To dance properly the body has to become super-supple; think with your body; think with your instincts, move and vibrate, as the music moves and vibrates. I spin, I kick, I shimmy, and I roll; my body turns to liquid. Even writing about it turns me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment